subreddit:

/r/AskReddit

27.9k

you are viewing a single comment's thread.

view the rest of the comments →

all 19257 comments

DynamicSocks

111 points

2 months ago

It’s a remake I actually like too. And the tv show was a lot of dumb fun.

Maybe I just love Evil Dead.

twisted_memories

40 points

2 months ago

Don’t forget the musical!

sweetrhythm

11 points

2 months ago

The musical is a masterpiece!

twisted_memories

10 points

2 months ago

We’re five college students on our way to an old abandoned cabin in the woods!

Osric250

2 points

2 months ago

Especially if you sit in the splash zone.

SomeBeesInACoat

3 points

2 months ago

Goddam you woman! You fuckin' stabbed me!

cumberbatchcav1

3 points

2 months ago

My husband and I frequently sing "Housewares Employee" to each other. Now I think about it, that might be our song...

dwpea66

11 points

2 months ago*

I don't think the 2013 version is a remake; they were actually planning on making an Evil Dead movie with the lead from that movie (Jane Levy) and Ash from the OG trilogy, so I think they're technically in the same canon.

Either way it was really good.

Eshin242

3 points

2 months ago

I saw this in the theater... and then the one character slipped on a tongue and hit her head on the toilet... and for some silly reason I just found it so stupid I started laughing loudly... in the theater... because... come on WHO SLIPS ON A TONGUE!?!

The person sitting next to me was not having it and looked at me in a very "what the hell way."

BUT SERIOUSLY WHO SLIPS ON A TONGUE??? haha

Osric250

2 points

2 months ago

Yep. The only remake is Evil Dead 2. 2013 has too much connection.

dwpea66

1 points

2 months ago

Evil Dead 2 is also not quite a remake; the first 10 minutes straddle the line between remake and recap, but the rest is an original story. Army of Darkness has a short recap as well.

DynamicSocks

1 points

2 months ago

I knew it was in a weird territory of reboot / remake. But that’s cool I didn’t know they had plans with both.

I always thought a funnier version of the after credits scene would have Ash and Mia sitting alone in a movie theater, drenched in fake blood, watching the 2013 evil movie before ash tells Mia “It’s Groovy”

Kinda close to the Bruce cameo we got but I wanted to see them on screen together even if it was just a dumb joke

lamancha

4 points

2 months ago

I don't think it's a remake, but I am with you. It's good.

Anecdote: i saw this with my gf, in our first date. I was nervous so I bought the tickets and suddenly asked "are you okay with horror movies?" She said yes. We went on and as we entered she said "hope there isn't too much blood!".

Yeah, about that...

DynamicSocks

1 points

2 months ago

Yeah it’s in a weird territory of not quite reboot or remake. I loved the end of that movie when it just starts raining blood in a chainsaw fight. Massive smile on my face the entire time.

I would be surprised if it didn’t hold some kind of a record for most blood used

Khanzool

5 points

2 months ago

Call me crazy but the tv show was actually the best evil dead for me. But they’re all fun.

DynamicSocks

5 points

2 months ago

The show was like Army of Darkness taken to the max and I loved it.

“You got your bottle?” “Yeah but I don’t think it’s gunna be helpful you had to stab him like 50 times” “I was just sharpening it for you it’ll be fine”

[deleted]

2 points

[deleted]

2 points

2 months ago

"I been at this so long all i know is death and taxes, and I don't pay taxes, so all I know is death"

"never use the words ass and hole in my presence again"

"I'm going to make like a tree and fuck you!"

that show is fucking awsome

Squigglepig52

1 points

2 months ago

Every time I sit down to watch some of that, I ask myself "Why do I watch this crap?".

Then, when it's over, I say "Oh, yeah, THAT'S why I watch that crap!"

Always takes my brain a bit to adjust for what I'm seeing.